Mac and Cheese - Crockpot Style - GF

Friday, February 21, 2014

Hey guys I have another easy one for you!  I've always wanted to try making my own homemade mac and cheese since it is my fav!  Especially if you mix in some peas and a little pepper… MMMMMMMM! Anyways...no matter how good that box mac and cheese is, that powdered cheese that comes in the packet has always seemed a little sketchy to me.  I mean come on it can't be real cheese!

It is taking me forever to write this post because I am being distracted by Castle (another fav of mine!).  Telekinesis, and witch craft are in involved in the plot…very interesting ;).  However, there is no witchcraft in this meal but crockpots are pretty magical.  You can just put a mixture of food in there, leave it for a long amount of time and come back to find a perfectly good meal waiting for you!  Well this is no different.  You have to cook this one on low if your gonna leave it for 6-8 hours but it still works and without getting mushy!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 16 oz gluten free noodles (I like rice noodles)
  • 3 1/2 c milk (I used coconut milk)
  • 2 pkg 16 oz shredded cheese (your choice I used a 3 cheese mix for 1 bag and 1 bag of sharp cheddar)
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 1/2 c butter (unsalted)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp white pepper



METHOD:
  1. Add all ingredients to crockpot.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in the crockpot.  If the noodles aren't fully covered add more milk until they are.
  3. Cover with lid.  Put the crockpot on the lowest setting and let it cook for 6 hours.  If you are going to be around then you can cook it on medium for 4 hours.
  4. Enjoy!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments