Cinnamon Banana Ice Cream

Wednesday, January 18, 2017


Guess what? 

Guess what?!

My mom, husband, and I all made it to Day 10 on the Whole30. I think we are all pretty proud of ourselves this morning that we are a third of the way there. As my mother said this morning, "happy 1/3 day!". I would like to think that we are through the worst of it at this point as well. 


All of my break out symptoms have started to subside or go away completely. My guts are starting to quiet down. Although we did decide to add some probiotics into our daily regime. Cravings for me have started to subside. I'm no longer dazing off into the distance dreaming about stacks upon stacks of pancakes drenched in maple sugar. In other words, it's good! 

I thought as a celebration that I would treat myself to some "ice cream". That's the one thing I miss and I think will miss for this entire Whole30. Every night I would eat either Breyer's Natural Vanilla or Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream as a little treat to myself for making it through the day! Naturally I started doing some browsing on Instagram, Pinterest, and the world wide web for ideas. This is what I came up with:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cinnamon Banana Ice Cream

Author: A Dash of Delish inspired by: Nutrition Stripped
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 4

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
  • 3 fresh bananas 
  • 4 pitted dates
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • cinnamon to taste
  • pinch of salt to taste
METHOD:
  1. Combine all ingredients into a blender.
  2. Blend/pulse ingredients until you have a nice smooth mixture that is thick and creamy with minimal chunks of dates.
  3. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours to become "ice cream" and harden a bit. 
  4. Sprinkle with more cinnamon, salt, nuts, whatever you desire. 
  5. EnJoY!! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments